What to bring with you?
- Identification e.g. Driving License
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- The fee for the test
How can i best prepare for the NCT?
Please prepare for the test by ensuring that:
- Your car has adequate oil and water.
- The boot is empty and seats are clear of personal belongings such as removable baby seats. If the baby seat is left in the car for the NCT, it will be checked that it is fitted correctly.
- The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the under body).
- The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where the wheel nuts are not visible) and the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
- The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. Cam belt/timing belt. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer at the test center.
- Seat belts and clips are fully visible.
- Your registration plates comply with current regulations.
- NCTS recommend that you have your lights checked and set prior to the NCT.
- Please ensure the person who brings the car for inspection brings identification with them in the form of a driving license as failure to provide the required identification will result in the vehicle not being issued an NCT certificate at the time of testing.
- Please ensure your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the test center for inspection.
- Don’t forget to bring your vehicle registration book, registration certificate or licensing certificate and your test fee!
Contact Us to book you pre NCT inspection at LN Motors.
Get your re-test free if you fail!
If you have a pre-NCT inspection done with us and we fail to spot something that causes you to fail the test we will pay for your re-test. Terms & Conditions Apply.